Monday, May 18, 2009

A Month of Oscar

And no blogging. I will get back to it, back to life, back to whatever is normal for me now. The new normal. Normal wasn't normal for me before he was born - I'm actually used to having a job or at least an occupation - so who knows what normal will be now. What I know is that this economy sucks, that rich, greedy assholes fucked it up for everyone, that George Bush is especially to blame, that most politicians aren't much better. What I know is that I love my son and the rest of it matters very little.

Waves of visitors, relatives, food, little sleep, movies on the couch, board games, a crying, pooping, sleeping, bright-eyed baby boy. More baby clothes than even a baby needs. Thrush. A little more awareness, a few more smiles, every day. Bopo, Oz, the Flying Burrito. A sleepy blur of time.

No comments: