Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The New Guy


The new guy gave a great speech last night - sort of an unofficial State of the Union. I just kept thinking, "This new guy is So Much Better than the old guy!" It was nice to hear the Congress (half of it anyway) applauding endlessly a guy who actually deserved applause, instead of cravenly whooping it up for a frightening demagogue.

I'd be interested to see an un-biased fact-check on this speech - when he says something like America invented the automobile, well, that's not strictly true, but it's also not something a Republican politician would likely dispute. There's always Presidential rhetoric to contend with and, thankfully, at least now it's not being garbled by an idiot or packed with lies. Half-truths, sure!

I also kept wanting him to throw in a couple of "bitches" and "motherfuckers" for good measure. I guess that makes me racist, since I keep hoping that Obama's gonna Shaft it up a bit.

That photo is by Jonathan Ernst/Reuters.

No comments: